Thursday, November 4, 2010

PRODUCT REVIEW - Arf Dog Gift Box - 5 BONES


Before I knew about the Arf Dog gift boxes, I was a little bit blase about the whole gift bag/box for dogs. Probably because it has something to do with the bad quality of the wrapping (mind you, I don’t care about the wrapping usually. As long as the inside is of quality) and the dangerous quality of the content of the wrapping. I prefer an American and/or North American treats/foods/toys to give my dogs. Take no offence, green dogs, I just prefer our own security – for food and toys – norms and standards than those of others countries. If you don’t believe me, follow the actuality and you will know which country I am referring to.

When I received my gift box from Arf Dog, I was more than pleasantly surprised : I got excited because the box was so cute!
Isn't it cute ? This is the Sleepover Suitcase

The box is called the Sleepover Suitcase Box and just by the box, I want to take my dogs with me for a road trip. Take a look at what is in the suitcase:

Without the bowl box open
The layout of the suitcase is perfect. Here is what’s in it:
- One blankie
- Two toys (a NYC cab and a Newspaper)
- One bowl (look at the next picture)
- One bathrobe
- Organic treats

With the bowl box open

I have to note that everything (except the bowl) is American made. And to make things better, the suitcase (and every other gift boxes from Arf Dog) is printed on recycled paper using soy based inks. Yep, you read this right.You can quote me on this one.









The Blankie
The blankie was love at first sight for Jake. He loves his blankie. I believe it is because it is so soft. 
Jake loves his blankie

The blankie is from a company named West Paw Design. It is made with a rugged yet smooth faux suede on one side and a silky soft fabric on the other. I did a little bit of researches for you, green dogs readers, and not only is this blanket all-american-made, but West Paw Design is working hard to have a minimal environmental impact. This is something that the Green Dog likes. Read more about it here, where the Green Dog explains more about the carbon footprint.



The Bowl
The bowl is immensely cute and convenient. I never thought about this before, but how clever it is to have it made so it is easy to pick it up from the floor. 
I had to show you the bottom of the bowl. It's little details like this that I love.

See the little indentations? That is what I was talking about.

The Toys
The suitcase is home to two toys. A furry NYC yellow cab and a newspaper. The toys are very cute, there is no doubt about this. But, the Green dog being the Green dog, maybe Arf Dog could replace them by Elk Antler (from the Green Dog, of course!) ?

You have to read how much is the newspaper. 5 "scents"! Clever!

The BathRobe
For those of you green dogs that are asking themselves about what to do with a bathrobe, let me tell you a little bit about my life. I have two crazy dogs. Jake, my chocolate Lab, and Bella, my dobbie-mix. They L.O.V.E to play outside, in mud preferably. So I have to clean them often. Yes, I said often, as in, often. Once of twice a week. Minimum. Anyway, I use the bathrobe for when my beasties are coming back inside or when they get out of the bath tube. The bathrobe is perfect.

Take a look at model Jake :
How cute is Jake?





The Treats
I kept the best for last. Not many of you know that the human dad of the Green Dog is from NYC. The Green Dog's dad now lives away from his beloved NYC, but he still remembers... the good food that can be found in NYC. This is why, when I looked at the name of the little cutie box of treats and I saw : 

I immediately called him. Because, according to the Green Dog's dad, there is no better pizza than the pizza that can be found in Brooklyn. I was curious to see if Jake would love the pizza treats as much as his human daddy. 
A little bit more and Jake would get crossed-eyes from looking at the treat!

And I was not disappointed. Jake LOVES the treats! He loves them so much that we are on our way to order more! You can check them here.I was, again, surprised by the treats ingredients. All organic and no additives. I love to see that, because it means that somebody else beside me is taking care of my dogs. Thanks Arf Dog for opening my horizons!







What the Green Dog thinks?
Overall, I LOVED the Sleepover Suitcase because I can use ALL of its items. The holidays are coming soon and we will be doing a lot of traveling. I can totally see myself bringing the bathrobe, the treats, the bowl, the blankie and the toys (under supervision) with us because it is, always, what we forget at home when we travel.

I can't let you go without telling you more about the other gift boxes, that can all be founded on the Arf Dog website.

Arf Dog proposed four others boxes, that looks as interesting and exciting as the Sleepover Suitcase : 

1.
The Sporty Gift Box
Playtime is special time for you and your pal. Having the best collection of toys, yummy treats, a conditioning spray for after play and a great team jersey or jacket (in the latest dog fashions) to show your fan loyalty, all add up to a great day in the park.
You can choose the sport you want your pup to try out for, or let him or her play them all. We figure if there’s a ball involved, there’s gonna be fun!
The SPORTY Gift Box can be customized to feature the football, baseball or basketball team you support. Get the jersey to match your own…or choose an international soccer team if you prefer.
This exclusive dog Gift Box makes a great gift for any special occasion or no occasion at all. You can mark the start of Spring Training, dress up for a Super Bowl party or gather round for the local high school or college competitions. A great gift for the Coach of your kids’ soccer team, the gym teacher, or anyone who has a dog and loves the sporty life!

2.  The Spa Gift Box
Want to send the very best in luxury home beauty treatments for dogs? What comes to mind when you think of Tuscan hillsides and thermal natural baths? The Borghese Line of Shampoos, Conditioners and Sprays for dogs, of course which is the ultimate in dog luxury gifts. They have combined exquisite essences and fragrances along with superior ingredients designed to condition your pet’s coat leaving you both molto contento. And after the bath? What is cozier than a warm terry-blend robe? The fluffy monogrammed robe is in the height of dog fashion and your pet will wear it with pride, putting a smile on your face.
The after-treatment treats are healthy and satisfying…just the right nibble with a cool bowl of refreshment…a beautiful Mediterranean-inspired ceramic dog bowl – you just provide the water.
And to show that your heart is in the right place, you’ll find the perfect toy to make snuggling up even more fun!
All this complete, in the best carry-home pet box, shipped wherever this lucky pup calls home.

3. The Beach Gift Box
Did you ever watch a dog run along the shore? See the joy and spark in his eyes as the water teases his paws and challenges his bravery?
The sense of freedom and fun is invigorating...even if you’re just watching from your beach chair!
Our exclusive dog toys for the beach are all designed for fun and exercise…in the water or out. Concerned about Ozone layers and UV rays? We included a spray to protect your friend’s skin underneath the fur. And don’t worry about water, water everywhere…there’s a dog bowl from which to drink! You can add items to this BEACH Gift Box. After a day at the beach who wouldn’t want to make their dog look, smell and feel really fresh? We have shampoos and conditioners, brushes and plush terry robes – all the best dog accessories to do just that.
C’mon…have you ever heard of a bad day at the beach??? Neither have we.

4. New Puppy Welcome Box
How do you celebrate the arrival of a wonderful new puppy to someone’s home? You send a gift that will make both proud owner and young pup happy. We have the perfect Gift Box for that!
Once you see the beautiful ceramic dog bowl hand-crafted for the new little girl or boy, with the healthiest dog treats, and the best toys...both for puppy chewing and puppy snuggling. We even include a book to teach good manners to your new pup. You know that the gift you are sending will be as welcome as the new arrival.
You can also customize this luxury dog Gift Box with adorable announcement notes; a cozy fluffy monogrammed bathrobe; healthy and fresh-scented shampoos and between-bath sprays...even more toys and books. You can select from among the most exclusive dog accessories – the softest and most luxurious leather collars and leashes and even add a soft throw for the pup to cuddle and nestle on.
The NEW PUPPY WELCOME Gift Box can be something you give yourself, or to anyone you know who has a new puppy to love.

I can see giving away Arf Dog gift boxes as gift for a new puppy, a new season or, just because we love our furry friends !

But don't take my word for it. Try it yourself. Visit Arf Dog here and get a gift box, for you or for a family member/friend. The boxes can be personalized to your dog's needs. They are high quality, have a luxurious feel (who am I kidding, they are) and you can use all of their content.

The Green Dog gives Arf Dog a 5 Bones!

1 comment:

  1. this is really nice to read..informative post is very good to read..thanks a lot!
    Dog Clothes

    ReplyDelete