Friday, January 28, 2011

How I started the Eukanuba 28-Day Challenge

For those who don't know, my dogs are doing the Eukanuba 28-Day Challenge.

Jake is eating the Breed specific food for Labrador Retriever.
Of course, he is more handsome than the Lab on the bag :)
I am happy to report that Jake (with the Breed Specific food) and Bella (with Adult Maintenance) are doing great with their new food. In fact, they are are doing more than great.

They have so much energy now, that it is a joy to see them running in the backyard. And because they play so much with so much happiness, they now sleep. And when I say sleep, I mean SLEEP at night and during nap time in the afternoon. Isn't ironic that more energy = more sleep?
Bella is eating the Adult Maintenance food.
Stay tuned for a funny video of Bella wanting to eat.

How I did the change
But the act of changing, or switching, from one brand to another brand of dog food is not something to take lightly. In order to keep my dogs happy and healthy, it took me 3 days to switch dog food. I started by giving 1/3 of Eukanuba and 2/3 of their usual food the first 2 days and 1/2 1/2 the third day. By the fourth day, they were ready to switch 100% to Eukanuba.

I could have taken more time to do the switch, I think that one week is the recommended time, but I know my dogs and I know how they handle changes.

100% Eukanuba
The switch went smoothly and, by day 3 of eating 100% Eukanuba, I started to see changes in my dogs. Stay tuned, I'll talk more about it in future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment