Monday, January 31, 2011

If my dogs were human, they would be...

Hello Green Dog,

Sometimes, the funniest thoughts come to my mind and I feel like I have to talk about it. Like what I'll write about now...

Do you sometimes think about what your dog would be if he was human? I never thought about it before having 2 dogs because my dogs have 2 VERY different personalities and they don't react the same way for the same thing.

Let me explain.

Jake is a loner, despite being a Lab. As long as he is with me, or that he can sleep on a bed, he is happy. He likes to see grass grow and doesn't care for the company of other dogs. When we go to the dog park, if there is dogs bothering him, he'll just walk away, to smell the air, the grass or just to walk. He loves to play fetch, could do it for hours, really and will always back down from any volatile situation.

If Jake was a human, he would probably be the nerd kid in the class. The nerd kid that is the teacher's pet.

Bella is obsessive-compulsive. She has separation anxiety and she's just plain crazy. But she is a lovely crazy dog! She lived in the streets until she was 7-8 months. Those months have marked her, I think, for the rest of her life. She never ask for food, unlike Jake who expects me to feed him twice a day, but when I feed her, she eats so fast that she inhales it (which is why I have to separate all of her feeding in 2). If she is thirsty, she won't ask for her water bowl. If she is outside, she'll find a puddle of mud and will gladly go in the toilet bowl. She fell in love with Jake at first sight. And if Jake is out of her sight, she will go crazy. Completely nuts. Jumping, crying, barking, running, I am afraid that she will hurt herself. I can leave her, the entire family can leave her, but if Jake leaves without her, she has a problem.

If Bella was human, she would be the crazy lady that lives alone with her cats. She would be obsessed by them, by their feeding, their drinking and their businesses. She would live for them and would die a little bit inside each time something happens to them. She would chase intruders with a shotgun (right now, she tries to chase squirrels out of her backyard).

I am curious. What, or who, your dog would be?

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic! :D

    I typed 'If my dogs were human' into the Google search bar after I had a brainwave about what I should do for my English aural (we can do it on whatever we want - unrealistic or realistic).

    I was talking to my mum about the dogs when the question popped into my head - 'What if our dogs where human?'

    I am currently still working on the aural, I was actually working on it when I found this article.

    It's quite comforting to know that I am not the only one who wonders what their dogs would be like if they were human. I'm still mulling it over in my head.

    ReplyDelete