Wednesday, February 2, 2011

PRODUCT REVIEW - Furminator - 5 BONES

YES, you can use it on a Labrador!

Two years ago, when I adopted Jake, my Chocolate Lab, I was sure I had adopted a low-grooming dog.That's what people told me!

Oh Boy, was I wrong!

I don't know about other Labs, but I know that with my Jake, there is a lot more grooming involved than I first thought.

If I don't brush Jake twice a week, my floors and furniture will be covered by brown dog hair. It doesn't sound too bad, right? The problem is that we don't even freak out when we found dog hair in our food!

We have tried (and spend money on) a lot of different brushes (check the first video) and nothing worked... until somebody told us about the FURminator. But of course, we didn't believe it. How could a brush like I would use on a cat, or on a longhair dog would help us?

I think the Gods of Dogs might have wanted to help us, because one day that we were at the Pet Store, there was a FURminator package on sale. I don't quite remember the price we paid (just that it was a very good deal)but the FURminator came into a traveling bag with shampoo, conditioner, a little towel and a funny looking brush to use when we wash Jake.

As soon as we got back home that day, we tried the FURminator on Jake and we were speechless by the results.

Take a look on the next two videos. In the first one, I present the FURminator and in the second one, I show you the results. Don't miss it.

Presentation of the FURminator and comparison with a generic brush



The results
Here are some pictures of how good the FURminator works:

I just began the brushing!

What's on the brush

Don't tell me your brush can do the same!
Results on video here:









How the FURminator works
The FURminator is a tool for dogs that is designed to reach beneath the short topcoat to gently remove the undercoat and the loose hair.

They also claim that the with the use of the FURminator, you can reduce your dog shedding by 90%. I can't approve or disapprove with this statement, because I HAVE to brush Jake twice a week.

What it looks like:
Close up on the FURminator




This is what the newest model look like.


TIPS:
- Keep your FURminator handy. You will most likely use it more often if you know where it is.
- During winter, use your FURminator while you are on a carpet. The dog hair will stick on it and it will be easier to vacuum than to run after the hair that might roll under the furniture if you are on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment